We are having another great week full of interesting and educational lessons and activities for our students!
On Wednesday and Friday, I congratulated many of our students for earning hoots at our Term 2 Principal's Good Character Breakfast. While I explained a little about how Wheelock handles this event before, I want to share my thinking about this breakfast again. I know some parents were suprised that parents are not invited.
The new Medfield Strategic Plan speaks clearly about recognition opportunities for the whole child. We believe in providing many opportunities for our students to shine. I was aware that Mr. Grenham implemented Positive Referral Breakfasts at Dale Street and that parents and siblings are invited. While I wanted to recognize our students, I did not want to take away from the Dale program so I made mine more casual for these younger students. They can look forward to that privilege of bringing the family when they get to Dale. While we are striving for consistency, we don't want to be cookie cutter. Thank you for understanding!
Franklin has quickly become a popular staff member. We are gradually introducing him to the students. He is inspiring to our children to be kind and more sympathetic to each other.
Check out our new Franklin bulletin board!
The Cereal Box project has been a traditional project for grade 3 at Wheelock. Here are some great examples of our students' hard work!
Look Who's Ballroom Dancing?
Check some cool moves in Physical Education class as the children learn some dance steps!
A fun week lies ahead!
- This week we are excited to host visitors from Westwood and Natick some of their staff will visit classrooms in our Medfield schools. Some Medfield staff will visit Westwood and Natick on Thursday!
- Our teachers have literacy professional development for a half day on Wednesday. This work with Jamee Callahan, our ELA Coordinator K-8, is highly valued by our teachers!
- Don't forget Report Cards go home on Monday!
- We are looking forward to the grade 2 Science Fair this week. Check the Wheelock flash for that schedule. A visit from Ben Franklin is planned for grade 3.
- Don't forget to stop in to our PTO Ice Cream Social on Thursday evening! Last year was a blast with the DJ and dancing and games in the gym!
Have a wonderful weekend,